Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage 3 outputs not recognizing right channel

Ever since I upgraded to Yosemite, notes played (either midi or external instruments) are only recognizing the left channel signal by the output channel. In other words, I play the note, and both left and right channel seem to work on the level meter on the instrument channel, but at the output channel, only the left side works on the level meter. If I pan the instrument channel to the right, all sound goes away. It happens intermittently -sometime it all works just fine and other times not. Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks!

Mainstage 3.1.1

OSX 10.10.2

Macbook Pro (15-inch, early 2011)

2 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 12:40 AM

The same thing happens to me. MacBook Pro 15 Retina, Yosemite 10.10.2, Mainstage 3.1.1. Or worse. I have indications of signal bar graph relating to physical outputs from which nothing comes out, and are not connected to that signal. Examples: sending an internal instrument exit for 1-2 and I see a bar graph indication of the signal on the output 3-4 which is connected to other instruments that are not playing at all and will not send any signal on output 3-4 which in effect remains silent. There is some mess on the indexing of bar graph and outputs.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 12:40 AM in response to accordio

The same thing happens to me. MacBook Pro 15 Retina, Yosemite 10.10.2, Mainstage 3.1.1. Or worse. I have indications of signal bar graph relating to physical outputs from which nothing comes out, and are not connected to that signal. Examples: sending an internal instrument exit for 1-2 and I see a bar graph indication of the signal on the output 3-4 which is connected to other instruments that are not playing at all and will not send any signal on output 3-4 which in effect remains silent. There is some mess on the indexing of bar graph and outputs.

Apr 1, 2015 12:53 AM in response to Gianluca132

I increasingly feel that Mainstage is becoming a hotbed of bugs. It should be done for a professional use. I hope that Apple will stop making commercial strategyand is committed to give serious answers to their users. A lot of things have been out of place lately from the absurd closure imposed with Yosemite to use 32 bits of some applications. I have plugins that I used before and now no longer work, and why? What is the logic? The sense? Only the attempt to kill all the productions of third parties.

Apr 6, 2015 10:20 AM in response to accordio

Same problem here.

Yosemite (10.10.3)

Mainstage 3.1.1

Focusrite Saffire Pro 24

Starting with Minimalist Keyboard (Piano going to Output 1-2), I add a channel strip and put Playback (stereo) on it and make its output 3-4. When I hit a key on the piano, it meters on Output 1-2 as expected, but it also meters on Output 3-4's RIGHT channel. Additionally, the stereo playback from 3-4 only meters on Output 3-4's LEFT channel.

Hardware-wise, everything works as it should: Piano is only coming out of physical outputs 1-2, playback is only coming out of physical outputs 3-4.

If the metering doesn't match the physical outputs, though, it makes troubleshooting nearly impossible. This is a bug that should get squashed!

Edit: typo.

Edit 2: Found a related bug, described below.

When you're at the concert level and you click on the "stereo/mono" icon for Output 3-4, the channels split as expected. However, if you have a meter in your layout, and you've mapped it to Output 3-4 (something that shouldn't even be an option if you've split the output channels!), the meter itself will change to a single MONO bar and will only meter Output 3.

May 4, 2015 12:43 PM in response to elvisdechico

Same problem for me too, and I'm also using a Saffire Pro 24. What interfaces are the rest of you using? I'm wondering this is might be a Saffire problem rather than a MainStage one. I notice that when I bring up the Saffire MixControl, it shows signal on both DAW 3 and DAW 4, even though MainStage only shows it on DAW 3, and I'm only getting signal coming out of output 3.

May 7, 2015 11:56 AM in response to accordio

Am seeing a similar problem here. Using a Focusrite Scarlett interface. The Focusrite software, my monitors and ears all indicate that signal is indeed passing through the right channel, but MainStage's interface shows no meter activity on the right side output. Came here to see if there was a solution only to find other users experiencing the same problem. I run stereo keys on input/outputs 3 and 4, electric guitar on input 5/outs 5-6 and acoustic guitar on input 7/outs 7-8. For the mono input signals, I pan to center, run the left channel to the PA mains and right channel to my stage monitor. MainStage's right side meter inactivity is occurring on all the stereo outputs across the board, though signal is still coming out of both outputs. Doesn't seem to affect the functionality, but is visually vexing.

Yosemite 10.10.3

MainStage 3.1.1

Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Jul 31, 2015 8:56 AM in response to Th9109

I'm having this problem as well.

Yosemite 10.10.4

MBP late 2011

MainStage 3.1.1

MOTU 828mk3

The behaviour is not quite consistent, sometimes when I start it and set it to outputs 1-2 it works fine, then I add some instruments on 3-4 or 5-6, and move busses around, I'm not sure what I've precisely done because I'm just messing around trying to get this to work in a predictable way, but the concert I have open instruments set to to any pair of outputs are only sending to the left. A bus send however seems to still be able to output to the same pair.

As much as I still don't fully understand MOTU CueMix, I can set up tracks in Logic that output to all these output pairs without issue, so the problem must be MainStage.

Mainstage 3 outputs not recognizing right channel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.