Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 battery draining out fastly

Hi,

My i phone 6 is really giving me lot if troubles, i recently got the problem of battery life.

the phone is charging up normally but the battery is draining out very quickly this is from past 10 days and it been 4 months i got my device.

and when i call to the apple support they told me to get the device to the store and i told them that i can't make up tothe store as i dnt have transport then they told me about express replacement service.

Can anyone brief

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:43 PM

2 replies

Mar 30, 2015 11:00 PM in response to Harika Chandra Kasula

Probably apps running in the background are causing this, sometimes Mail get's stuck connecting to the mail server, or some social media app like Facebook can also be a reason for prolonged background activity.

Try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not help, setting it up as new device would be the next step:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Maybe also take a look at this page about battery drainage

Express replacement service means, that Apple Support will send you a new phone and you'll have to send the one you use now back to them in the packing that comes with the replacement. The will put a hold on your credit card until the old device has been returned.

Try the steps above before you contact Apple Support to get your device replaced.

iphone 6 battery draining out fastly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.