Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download iTunes to Windows 8, just says thank you for downloading. I've tried stopping the anti virus and updating windows updates.

I can't download iTunes on my Microsoft 8 PC. It just says Thank you for downloading. I've tried disabling anti-virus, updating my Microsoft updates, restarting the computer. Nothing shows up. Please help!

null-OTHER, Windows 8, HP laptop

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 6:55 PM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2015 7:03 PM in response to elliemay10

There is some anecdotal evidence that the scripts on the Apple site that are supposed to detect the version of Windows you are running may fail for some users - jumping straight to the "Thank you for downloading ..." page with the installer not having been downloaded. As an alternative, you can go directly to the relevant downloads - like the previous 12.1.0.77 release, there are three different installers available, with direct links to these as follows:

The third of these - which is actually the 32-bit application with a 64-bit installer - should be used if you get a warning about video card incompatibility when you install the standard 64-bit version, but also may resolve issues with playback, QuickTime compatibility, and problems with some third-party applications (including Outlook).

See turingtest2's notes onTroubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updatesfor more details if you're still having problems with installation.

Can't download iTunes to Windows 8, just says thank you for downloading. I've tried stopping the anti virus and updating windows updates.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.