Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Support Communities / iPad

Why do I have to go to my desktop to reliably manipulate text (like copy/paste) when interacting with this forum when I have a nearly $1,000 iPad Air 2 running the latest software? It seems crazy to me that my ability to control text in this forum is extremely limited on the iPad. I have not noticed this at other sites where I post comments.

On the iPad, the text selection here jumps around the screen, the buttons controlling text style don't respond reliably, etc. What's going on?

Thanks for any insights. This is really maddening.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.2, Air 2 with carrier card

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:36 PM

4 replies

Mar 30, 2015 9:20 PM in response to WMB

Do you also get the two capital letters at the start of a sentence? That one annoys me.

Apple didn't write the software for this forum it is by Jive. You may find this hard to believe but it is actually better now than it was before it used to be you could not access advanced formatting at all and you couldn't edit a post. The moderators here are well aware of the current issues and have passed them along to engineering. How long that means this will go on is anyone's guess.

Mar 31, 2015 3:13 PM in response to deggie

wow. i was sure that i was going to be shown how i was imagining all this. it is unfathomable to me that this is allowed to continue. it's like apple getting a thousand dollars for phones and then having the crappiest possible sound on their help lines. the same tinny music everyone else has in some instances, and thin sound that can make carrying on a conversation punishing. go figure. i guess conversation should be restricted to landlines.

don't know if i've seen double capital letters. probably. i've often seen no letters where letters have been input with great care. bizarre in 2015 to encounter such issues - on a site dedicated to resolving issues!

thanks for your reply.

Mar 31, 2015 5:31 PM in response to WMB

I often use my iPad Air and a BT keyboard to access the forum. I do have the double cap problem but I've learned to compensate. Every once in a while, the editor gets balky. I tap the HTML button and type my text. Sometimes I remember to use HTML code to separate things into paragraphs. Sometimes I switch back to the Full Editor.

Keep in mind that no one expects (or generally cares about) fancy formatting. Plain text is just fine and easier to read in most cases. For example, I found your second post much more comfortable to read than the first one.

Best of luck.

Apple Support Communities / iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.