Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does DHCP work with bonded interface?

I have OS X 10.10.2 installed with the latest server app. I have two TB to Ethernet adapters bonded together as bond0. In the DHCP section of Server app, I selected Ethernet 2 (bond0) from the choices, set the IP range, subnet, etc.

None of the clients get assigned a DHCP lease. I checked the /etc/bootpd.plist and everything looks good there. When I break bond0 and have en1 and en2, and assign either en1 or en2 to DHCP, it provides the leases without an issue.

I find it rare that DHCP server does not like bond0. Other services, such as DNS, File Sharing, etc are working fine over bond0.

Any ideas?

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 9:31 PM

There are no replies.

Does DHCP work with bonded interface?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.