Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download DVD

I have a personal DVD of my son skydiving (not commercial or copyrighted) I would like to download to my MBP. Please advise.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Mid 2009 17" MBP

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:32 PM

2 replies

Mar 30, 2015 9:07 PM in response to pglages

Video on DVD is in a compressed format. You need software that will uncompress it.

Here is how I do it, with no quality loss that I can see. (And I'm picky.)

Use Cinematize 2, I use it with iMovie 06 (and a few times with iMovie 11) and iDVD 11. It has several modes of converting the data. One mode is called "lossless".

http://www.amazon.com/Miraizon-10121201-Cinematize-2-Mac/dp/B0006AAO96/ref=cm_cr _pr_pb_t

I would use iMovie 06 with iDVD 09 - 11, why?

iMovie 09/11 uses 'single field processing' meaning every other horizontal line of the video is thrown out, which reduces the sharpness of the footage. iMovie 06 uses ALL of the image to form the video.

Cinematize 2 + iMovie 06 + iDVD 09/11 works great for me.

Download DVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.