Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my iPhone to stop messing around

OOkay people how do I get my iPhone to stop auto correcting to "ducking" ... You know what I'm trying to type there? Turning off auto correct doesn't work... It still auto corrects just that one word even though auto correct is disabeled. Apple seems determined to censor my freedom of speech but it's not right or funny. How can I make it stop?

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:35 PM

5 replies

Mar 31, 2015 5:38 AM in response to inck243

inck243 wrote:

Well thats not true because I constantly have to dismiss the change every single time. Even when I disable auto correct. Why does it still try to change when I disable auto corrext?? Because they are trying to censor me. Again, it doesn't learn when I try to dismiss it, every. Single. Time.

No one is trying to censor you. Apple has no interest in what Anglo-Saxon words you chose to use. I can tell you, from personal experience, it does learn. I can tell you, it's a good thing I don't have reason to type the word "ducking" very much as it would be annoying to have to correct it every time.

Mar 31, 2015 5:41 PM in response to inck243

While predictive text does give me the option to use ducking instead of your preferred phrase, it does not automatically correct it. At some time, you must have accepted it, so it will take time to learn again. Also, you can create a keyboard shortcut to enter your preferred phrase into a message by going to Settings>General>Keyboard>Shortcuts. I can verify that both of these work, as I was able to enter your preferred phrase into a message, and then create a shortcut. Good luck with your vocabulary.

How do I get my iPhone to stop messing around

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.