Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Picasa on PC and Ipad

I have Picasa on both PC and ipad and would like to sync & share all photos between the two and have changes made on one, show on the other simultaneously (much the same as already happens for me with Google Docs, for instance). I appreciate the photos are not actually stored on the computer, but are on the cloud. I can see many of my photos, including various albums, but some of the ones on the PC appear to not be there? I've selected "all photos" but still many of the more recent ones seem conspicuous by their absence??

I find Picasa useful, because I can put a brief description under each image, but again- I can't seem to do that on the ipad version of the programme, which is where I want to work on them. It's almost as if I'm looking at two different versions of the same thing, they look and feel different (I think the one on the PC looks and responds better). The PC has the latest version Picasa 3, (version 3.9.139) but I can't find a version of the one on the ipad- neither can I work out how to put a Picasa icon on the ipad desktop.

Q: Is it possible to configure Picasa on the ipad so I can do the same as on the P.C. (i.e. be able to input a brief description with each photo, to enlarge/ full screen each one by tapping on it, etc. etc.).

It's almost as if I'm working on two different incarnations of the same thing.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 3:27 PM

Where did you get the app for your iPad? I can't find anything other than a slide show player in the App Store. Are you perhaps accessing a cloud version through Safari?

3 replies

Mar 31, 2015 3:27 PM in response to deggie

Hi deggie and thanks for your reply. To cut a long story short, I simply went on Google and saved Picasa as a "favourite". Then it occurred that the sensible thing would be to get a free copy from iTunes..BIG mistake obviously. So I haven't got an app, because Apple won't talk to Picasa- (or vice verse or something..!) Drives me spare when the kids won't play together..

So in answer to my own question- yes, I can sync some programmes e.g. Google Docs, but NOT others (i.e. Picasa).

In desperation (!!) I decided to search out Apples version of Picasa -iPhoto. I gave up after half an hour as I simply don't have the free time to spend searching for the impossible!! (another nail in the coffin when it comes to buying an ipad next time..)

I did however have a bright idea that if I can share my photos through "Photos" maybe that's the way to go? If I access Picasa through the net on the ipad, and somehow transfer the images to "Photos", maybe that would work. So I'll spend a few hours trying that.

Mar 31, 2015 3:40 PM in response to johnhb2

It has nothing to do with Picasa and Apple playing with each other at all. Picasa has chosen not to create an iOS app for any iDevices so there is nothing that can be offered. I doubt Apple would have any objections at all with Picasa doing so. So write to Picasa and suggest they do create and release such an app.

P.S. There is no Picasa app for android either.

Using Picasa on PC and Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.