Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't get instagram on my ipod

I have an ipod with ios 6 and I've always had instagram on it. Recently I couldn't taking any pictures because there was no room on my ipod so I deleted instagram with the intention of re-installing it however when I tried it says I need ios 7. Instagrams help center says to download it on itunes on my computer and then sync my ipod, but when I do that my computer also tells me I need ios 7. Anyone know how to fix this?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:49 PM

You can try this link to see if there is a compatible version of the app. Install the latest compatible version of an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X - Apple Support If not, there is nothing you can do if the app developer refuses to support older iOS.

1 reply

can't get instagram on my ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.