Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Keychain on my Mac doesn't restore passwords that are available in iOS. Help!

I had to reset my main password in OS X. After doing so, I had to restart iCloud Keychain. Upon doing so, my credit cards, user names and passwords are all gone. They are still available in iOS: iPhone, iPad, etc. Does anyone know how to restore them manually?

Thanks.

Oh- I'm running OS X 10.10.3 beta. (latest version that came out today, 3/3/15)

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), run public beta

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 9:18 PM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 1:02 PM in response to Brandon K N

Hello Brandon K N,

If you are having issues with iCloud Keychain after a password/keychain reset in Yosemite, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful, in particular this portion:

If you don't have your iCloud Keychain items anymore

If you turned off iCloud Keychain on all your devices, your iCloud Keychain is removed from the cloud. If you chose to delete the keychain items from your devices when you turned off iCloud Keychain, your iCloud Keychain is also removed from those devices.

You'll need to set up iCloud Keychain and add items again. Apple can't recover your iCloud Keychain if you turn off iCloud Keychain on all your devices and choose to delete your iCloud Keychain locally on all your devices.

On OS X, if you used Keychain Access to reset your OS X Keychain, OS X will delete your iCloud Keychain items. Try choosing Keychain Access > Keychain First Aid to verify and repair keychain settings and permissions. If that doesn't help, set up iCloud Keychain again. If you need to reset your OS X Keychain again, temporarily disable iCloud Keychain in iCloud Preferences before resetting your OS X Keychain.

Get help using iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

iCloud Keychain on my Mac doesn't restore passwords that are available in iOS. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.