Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bad battery on my iphone 6 plus ios 8.2?

hi everyon, i have my iphone 6 plus for about 6-7 days, and im hating my battery life, im a facebook, music and games user (not a really heavy user) and i had an iphone 6 (4"6 inch) and i had 6 hours of screen with my normal usage (youtube, facebook, 1 or 1 and half hours of gaming, 3 hours of music etc etc, facebook)

and on my brand new iphone 6 plus im getting less battery life (4-5 screen hours) with less usage...

i Dont know what i have to do, i came to the apple store and they told me my battery is 100% healthy, and they cant so anything (i can changue my phone for a refurbished one but im pretty scared about the idea of get a refurbished one for a new one, because i dont have the ticket it was a gift)

Someone are experimenting the same issue? What would i do? replace my phone? Im pretty sad because my old phone gaves me more battery than the biggest one...

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 12:01 PM

Battery usage is a massive issue at the moment.

I am having to charge my phone twice a day with moderate usage and at night when it's not being used at all the battery is almost completely draining in 8 hours and apparently this is ordinary?!

12 replies

Mar 31, 2015 12:01 PM in response to rachf87

Try this and see if it helps. Try logging out of iCloud completely for a day or two and see if your battery life gets better. I had this issue and it helped tremendously. I think some people's phones, for some reason, are constantly hitting iCloud, even while asleep, and thus constantly using the battery. One pretty strong indication of this is if you look at the Usage and Standby times in the Battery Usage sections. If they are close in number of hours, then something is using the phone in the background constantly. Standby should, under most usage patterns, be far ahead of Usage. For example, my phone after about 6 hours of up time, showed 3 hours of Usage and 3 hours of Standby time. There was no way I was using the phone for 3 hours. Since logging out of iCloud, that 6 hours is now divided as 5 hours Standby and 1 hour of Usage.

To log out of iCloud, go to Settings > iCloud and at the bottom of the page tap on sign out of iCloud. Do that for a day or two to see how it goes.

Two things you should know (you may already) - 1. You will lose your iCloud backup at night, so if you back up to iCloud you may want to run it before you sign out. If you back up to iTunes on a computer, this will not be as much of an issue; 2. You will also lose Find My Phone. When you log out, it will ask you if you want to log out of Find My Phone. Say yes during your test. You can always log back in.

These thing worked for me. Instead of getting barely 7 hours of life from the phone with limited usage, I now get days of life with a lot heavier usage.

Anyway, hope these suggestions help if you try them.

Mar 31, 2015 2:26 PM in response to AmishCake

That article lists all the standard battery savings steps that have been seen in various articles on the internet. If you have the problem I had, those steps are not going to help. The only thing that helped was completely signing out of iCloud on the phone via the settings. Immediately tripled my battery life.

I did find this portion of the article accurate when it comes to the Battery Usage statistics:

"The key to look for is that your Usage time should be significantly lower than your Standby time, unless you have been using your device every single second you've had it unplugged. If this is not the case and your Usage time is exactly equal to your Standby time, you have a severe problem."

This was my problem when I was signed into iCloud. My Usage and Standby times were virtually identical. Since I have signed out of iCloud on my phone, my Standby times greatly exceed my Usage times, as it should under normal circumstances. For some users, like me, something was using iCloud all the time causing the drain.

Coco Man I suggest signing out of iCloud for a day or two to see how it affects the battery life. What do you have to lose? If it doesn't help, sign back in. Your Plus should get super battery life. I bet the iCloud is killing it.

Mar 31, 2015 4:05 PM in response to Coco Man

Sorry logging out of iCloud didn't work for you. Did you run the diagnostic test at the Apple iPhone support page? I don't have a link for you but if you go to the Apple support page and go through the links, you will eventually come to a screen where they will send you a text message with a link to run a quick or more detailed diagnostic test. When you run the test, the "general" results will pop up on the computer (not phone) screen. I ran that twice and it told me to send it in for repair or replacement. I printed that screen out, and used it to take to the Apple store to show them the phone apparently failed the test. At least when they test the phone in the store and they tell you nothing is wrong with it, you can say but hey the diagnostic told me to send the phone in for repair or replacement.

Apr 1, 2015 7:23 AM in response to Coco Man

Yes, the phone was replaced. But as I said above, I did the diagnostic and when the results said send in your phone for repair or replacement, I made an appointment at the local Genius Bar instead and showed them that page. They were hesitant to replace it as the tests they ran at the store all showed the phone was fine (which it ultimately was), but the kid was nice to me (I was nice to him also) and he said he would replace it out of an abundance of caution. Run the test and if it comes back as send in for repair or replacement, then you have that to take to the store and when the diagnostic at the store comes back normal, you can say but why would the diagnostic come back with a repair or replace?

Apr 1, 2015 11:46 AM in response to Coco Man

If I understand your question, both my phones - the original and the replacement - had the battery issue. That is why I am convinced it was not the phones themselves (that is, not the hardware).

I know in my case the problem is software based, related to iCloud. Completely signing out of iCloud solved the battery drain problem. I didn't discover this solution until I had my second phone. I bet it would have fixed the issue on the original phone as well.

Hope that answers your question.

Bad battery on my iphone 6 plus ios 8.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.