Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not getting messages on mac but I receive them on my iPod

I get messages on my iPod so I know people reply but when I look on my mac iMessage I don't have the messages. Same account everything its like my mac isn't receiving push notifications. Is there anyway to "reboot" iMessage on mac. I quit and open. I've signed out and signed back in on Accounts but nothing seems to work.

Thankyou for your help.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 11:17 PM

2 replies

Mar 31, 2015 10:04 AM in response to Kel-el

Do a backup.

Quit the application.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Then go to Preferences

com.apple.iChat.plist and com.apple.iChat.StatusMessages.plist. Move the .plists to your desktop.

Restart the computer, open the application and test. If it works okay, delete the plists from the desktop.

If the application is the same, return the .plists to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

Thanks to leonie for some information contained in this.

Apr 1, 2015 1:05 PM in response to Kel-el

Hi,

Can you Send from the Mac ?
Do the Contacts names go red every time you try them in the 'to Spot to Start a conversation ? (Not Registered message)

Or do you get an alert under the text you just sent that read "Not Delivered"

After that check the Contacts app on both are syncing.

NOTE.

com.apple.ichat.StatusMessages.plist only contains this info

User uploaded file

It is the info in this drop down

User uploaded file

This side has nothing to do with the iMessages accounts.

The same menu appears in the Menu Bar Drop down (if you display it) and the Messages > My Status item.

You could try deleting com.apple.imagent.plist as this holds all the accounts that Login in Messages and FaceTime and may give it an suitable "restart"

User uploaded file

9:05 pm Wednesday; April 1, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

iMessage not getting messages on mac but I receive them on my iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.