Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore OS X

Good morning everyone. PLEASE HELP!!!

Yesterday I wanted to add a Windows 8.1 to my Macbook pro via Boot Camp and suddenly formatted (fully, even backups) all partitions... Now I have only Win 8.1 but there are several issues with the drivers, so I want to at least restore OS X... Any suggestions???

P.S. I have tried to downoad OS by Command+Option+R at start up and but it needs OS Lion which is not listed in the Appstore right now...

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 10:36 PM

2 replies

Apr 2, 2015 1:08 PM in response to gorlazyan

Hi gorlazyan,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that it seems like the Mac OS X partition was erased from your computer and you would like to reinstall it. In this situation I would recommend booting into OS X Recovery using Command + R, not Command + Option + R. When you boot into the Recovery System using this method, it will install the most recent version of OS X previously installed on your computer. Please refer to the attached article for further information.

OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

Apr 6, 2015 11:33 PM in response to AppleJoe

The problem is that when I boot my computer and want to internet recovery it suggests to download and install OS X Lion, but when I try to download it, I get a message that "Mac OS X Lion is temporary unavailable in App Store. Please try again later".

Then I just install OS X Yosemite from other computer to my USB flash and everything went well!!!

Here is the guide (please pay attention, there are some mistakes, read the full guide in COMMENTS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8mdoFuWiJE

Restore OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.