Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update iPhone when I don't have enough storage?

I Upgraded my storage on Icloud and created a backup of phone...in order to update the iOS i guess I have to delete data ie pics, music, etc in order to creat space to update. My question is how do I get the data stored as backup in iCloud back on my phone after updating? Is that possible?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 10:49 PM

6 replies

Apr 2, 2015 8:30 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks LF. Already took care of that. It is simply a matter of not having sufficient free storage space on occasion to use for running an iOS upgrade. It has not been a significant problem. I have a 32 GB 4S, and will never get anything smaller than 64 GB in the future. I am good about managing my phone (regular backups to PC, download and sync photos regularly, screen apps for useful updates, etc.), but prefer not to have to pay quite so much attention to storage capacity.

Apr 2, 2015 10:33 AM in response to mastman26

mastman26 wrote:

Thanks LF. Already took care of that. It is simply a matter of not having sufficient free storage space on occasion to use for running an iOS upgrade. It has not been a significant problem. I have a 32 GB 4S, and will never get anything smaller than 64 GB in the future. I am good about managing my phone (regular backups to PC, download and sync photos regularly, screen apps for useful updates, etc.), but prefer not to have to pay quite so much attention to storage capacity.

I sympathize. That's why I got a 128 GB iPhone 6. I've still got 30 GB left.

How do I update iPhone when I don't have enough storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.