Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which upgrade should I get for my MacBook Air( i7 or 8GB RAM )

Hi

I'll be purchasing the MacBook Air 13 inch this month and I have an option to either upgrade the processor of my Mac to a 2.2 GHz i7 processor or upgrade the RAM to 8 GBs... I can't go for both of them as my budget is real tight... I'm into light video editing for my YouTube channel but I do use photoshop a lot and sometimes I have to handle extremely heavy photoshop files too... I'm also a student of computer science so I'll be coding on my computer very frequently..

Can someone please help me in choosing between the upgrades?

Thank You so much!

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 12:25 AM

You really need 8 GB of RAM. Moreover, you may consider the MacBook Pro if Photoshop work is important for you.

Nowadays, most PCs come with 8 GB of RAM, and this is the minimum amount I recommend in order to be able to use future OS X versions with good performance. Also, remember that Photoshop is a heavy application, so you need that amount of RAM.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2015 12:25 AM in response to Priyaanshu

You really need 8 GB of RAM. Moreover, you may consider the MacBook Pro if Photoshop work is important for you.

Nowadays, most PCs come with 8 GB of RAM, and this is the minimum amount I recommend in order to be able to use future OS X versions with good performance. Also, remember that Photoshop is a heavy application, so you need that amount of RAM.

Which upgrade should I get for my MacBook Air( i7 or 8GB RAM )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.