Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to have safari keep me logged in on all sites?

Hey guys, i'm struggling to have safari keep me logged in on sites lacking the "keep me logged in" feature. I've done a fair bit of research and understand that i need to use cmd+q to quit safari instead of the red x in order to be able to continue from my last session. However i realised that by doing this i'm constantly having to re-log in on all sites which i frequently use. In chrome, by using the continue where you left off feature, i'm not only able to have all my windows from the last session opened at startup but also have all my accounts remained logged in. Does anybody know a way to emulate this on safari?

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 12:21 AM

5 replies

Mar 31, 2015 5:09 AM in response to Scarrface

... I've done a fair bit of research and understand that i need to use cmd+q to quit safari instead of the red x in order to be able to continue from my last session.

That seems to be the opposite of what you intend. If you don't want to be logged out, don't quit Safari. The behaviour of many OS X programs including Safari is such that clicking the red button merely closes the window, which is not the same thing as quitting the program.

Some sites, such as this one, will log out upon quitting the browser. Other sites having a "keep me logged in" feature may log in to your account automatically through the use of cookies. If a site is logging you out even when you don't quit Safari, the reason is that the specific site is designed to do that. Circumventing that annoyance would require a Safari Extension designed to periodically refresh the page, for example.

How to have safari keep me logged in on all sites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.