Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 Bug: In Mail the sender account defaults back to last account from which an e-mail was sent overriding the default account setting

I cannot get over it ... how can a company that designs such wonderful hardware write such poor software? Apple should really feel ashamed. Anyone Windows-bashing should realise that computing is about more than just fancy screen backgrounds. I am so sick of this.

Anyway - here is my latest bug report (which as an IT professional I should charge Apple my time for):

When you access multiple mail accounts from your iPhone (iOS 8.2 12D508) you need to specify a default mail account. This is (or at least used to be in working implementations of this feature in previous iOS versions) the mail account that mails will be sent from unless the user selects another account.

The problem in the current iOS version is: After sending a mail from a non-default account, the next mail will also be sent from the same non-default account rather than from the actual default account. The incorrect sender account gets selected after picking a mail recipient.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Send an e-mail from a manually selected non-default mail account on your iPhone.

2. Start composing another e-mail. Initially, the correct default account is shown as sender account.

3. Now select a recipient address.

==> This is when the sender mail account reverts to the last e-mail account that a mail was sent from (in our case the non-default account).

Temporary Work-Around:

When the sender account reverts to the non-default account, manually select the default account again.

Apple, please go and do your homework! Fix this annoying bug. Thank you.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 12:58 AM

There are no replies.

iOS 8 Bug: In Mail the sender account defaults back to last account from which an e-mail was sent overriding the default account setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.