Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8.2 imessage and facetime not activating

Since I updated my software to ios 8.2 my imessage and facetime won't activate. I have done the resetting, turning it on and off, and took it to my carrier. They suggested I back my phone up and then restore iPhone and then restore my backup. Tried that and it still won't work. This is SERIOUSLY frustrating as I cannot contact important contacts overseas. How do I resolve this?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 1:07 AM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 1:37 PM in response to ShanniS

Hello ShanniS,

Wow! I can definitely understand how frustrating that may be. However, the good news is that you have exhausted all of the relevant steps for troubleshooting this issue, including contacting your carrier. At this point, if the issue persists, it may be best to contact us as outlined in this resource:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201422

Still not activated after an hour?

It might take a few minutes to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If you've waited more than an hour, try these steps:

1. Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS.

2. If you're using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that you can receive SMS messages.

3. Contact Apple Support.

Cheers,

Matt M.

ios 8.2 imessage and facetime not activating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.