Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Greyed out songs on Itunes that cannot be deleted.

This has been a issue for approximately 9 months. I have done much internet research and nothing has changed. I have even made an appointment with Apple at a physical location, and they were unable to help me. Granted they only tried for 10 minutes before telling me they didn't know how to resolve the issue. This only happens to songs I've purchased through iTunes, but it duplicates and I am unable to delete songs from iTunes, and then they duplicate on my phone. Which takes up space on my iPhone 5s, which we can all agree storage space is a necessity with the iPhone 6's that are out. Prior research indicates that it is synch problem and requires me to take each song that is "duplicating" and put through a program that needs to be paid for to fix it. For as much time, money, and effort that iPhones take to keep up there should be a solution to this issue. Provided below is a screen shot of the issue. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Side note, everything is updated including iTunes.

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 1:29 AM

1 reply

Mar 31, 2015 1:33 AM in response to stevinelson

When the media on the device won't update as expected during a sync the method that usually works is this:

1. Export the contents of the camera roll. (You should do this routinely anyway.)
  2. Backup the device, unless you have a recent backup that you would prefer to restore.
  3. Restore as a new device. (The general restore process doesn't seem to clear things out before reloading, so there can be issues with missing artwork or incorrect capacity calculations.)
  4. Restore the chosen backup.

In some cases it might pay to use the recovery mode method given in HT201263: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch at step 3 to ensure that a device has been completely reset before reloading your content.

tt2

Greyed out songs on Itunes that cannot be deleted.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.