Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Trackpad and Display problems

Computer: Macbook Pro 13 inch 2011

HD: 1TB

RAM: 8GB

It started a few days ago, when all of a sudden, for no particular reason, My Macbook trackpad started playing up, becoming jumpy and laggy. It could be the hardware but after a while it will start to work again, at least temporaily. If I use a mouse it works fine. But that is the very least of my problems. Every time I close the lid or the computer goes to sleep, It does not wake up. At all. The little annoying light that dims on the front of the laptop is still running and no mater how many times I press any key, or the trackpad, or even the power button, it does not wake up and I have to perform a hard shutdown. A simmilar thing happens when I attempt to reboot it, the display doesn't turn on and the white boot screen and sound don't happen. Which prevents me from reseting the PRAM/NVRAM. The screen doesn't turn on untill I reach the login screen. This is really very annoying and is making me want to take my computer outside and attempt to chop a tree down with it.

Regards and thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), 2011

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 3:09 AM

1 reply

Mar 31, 2015 3:19 AM in response to Numaticin

In regards to the trackpsd, read this Apple support article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203171

Open up the MBP and inspect the battery. It resides under the trackpad and if it has expanded, it will interfere with the trackpad,, If that is the case, replace the battery.

Also a very thorough cleaning of the trackpad will restore functionality.

In regards to the other issue, I suggest a reinstall of the OSX.

Ciao.

Macbook Pro Trackpad and Display problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.