Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I make 10.10 look and feel like 10.6 ?

Hi ... I upgraded my late iMac mini 2009 (2.53Mhz) to 10.10 .

First, contrary to some posters on these boards, I would not recommend, 10.10 runs very slow .... you are much better off in an older OS (I would love to go back to 10.6)

Some advantages of 10.10 is that your machine is up to date with the world (where 10.6 is losing support in the real world).

My biggest gripe with 10.10 : is I can't find things, can't move things ... the finder window is useless ; the machine search in the middle of screen annoys me and limits information and options.

Is there any way I can make 10.10 feel and look more like 10.6 ?

thx

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 2.53 Mhz 2duo; 4g mem; 500HD; v2009

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 1:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 2:13 AM

No. Just go back to 10.6.8

Otherwise tell your feelings to Apple feedback

Pete

3 replies

Mar 31, 2015 2:33 AM in response to cosmiconion

You can set SystemPreferences->Accessability->Displays to "increase contrast": check this one and then slide the contrast slider to the left completely.

There was a little app that recersed the scroll direction in the SnowLeopard period for people who did not want the scroll direction of Lion and later: you can try it https://pilotmoon.com/scrollreverser/

But it will still be very different from SnowLeopard.

Otherwise you can go back to SnowLeopard if your mac was built in the (Snow)Leopard time, like Pete suggests.

Can I make 10.10 look and feel like 10.6 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.