Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV2 wont stream videos from Itunes Library

Hey all

I've got two ATV2's both of which have been working on my home network for years without issues.

Recently videos from my Itunes library won't stream to the ATV2. All other video sources like youtube work fine and the internet speed is 38mbs so no issues there.

Nothing has changed in my network but I think I may have updated itunes a couple of weeks ago.

I have tried disabling home sharing - no improvement

The funny thing is some videos load right away then the same video wont load or it will get through to a certain point and then buffer endlessly.

The videos all start (or at least there is an image) but then they just buffer (spinning wheel) the bar at the bottom starts to fill suggesting that it is buffering but then nothing happens.

I've switched to wifi and get the same thing, Ive tried another itunes (on the same home sharing account) and get the same result.

Could this be an issue with the home share permissions or something?

I've also tried a different router (usually a BTHH5), tried a D-link with Open reach Modem, both have same issue.

Its really frustrating as this is how my wife accesses our materials for learning required for work.

I've scoured forums and other sites but no one can find a cure...others have the same issues apparently.

One strange thing is that I have connected to the library via Upnp and this doesn't stream either..could it be library related?

I have recently fixed permissions to

I really think its itunes related but cannot find what

Thanks In advance

@jonskib

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 2:46 AM

There are no replies.

AppleTV2 wont stream videos from Itunes Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.