Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2015 rMBP trackpad surface is not completely smooth

I've just got a new MBP 2 days ago. So far I'm loving the new force touch trackpad. However, my fingers can feel a tiny bit of something appears on the trackpad surface. It is hard to describe. I've have looked carefully and the trackpad is beautifully fine. This thing is completely invisible. You can only feel it with your finger.

Is this thing normal for a new machine and will be gone later on?

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 2:06 AM

4 replies

Mar 31, 2015 4:28 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

I live in New Zealand and there is no Apple store here. Because I purchased this one directly from Apple, the only way to get an exchange is to contact Apple and ship this MBP back to their warehouse, which takes about 2 weeks. I already exchanged my new MBA for this MBP and it is kind of a hassle for me to do it again.

I tried two display models in authorized stores, one got similar issue like mine, the other is smooth as butter. So I'm very confused right now 😟

Mar 31, 2015 4:44 AM in response to Fenix Tran

You could move to Australia. They have Apple stores there. 😉

I would try to clean the trackpad very thoroughly with a fine micro fiber cloth. Put a dab of household cleaner on the cloth, but not wet enough to get inside the MBP.

Since I have only older MBPs. I cannot say if the new trackpads are any different. Now my 2006 trackpad does not fell quite as smooth as those on the 2010 and late 2011 do. I do not know if the difference is attributable due to manufacturing differences or a change in specifications.

This is the best advice I can offer and I understand and sympathize with your logistical disadvantages.

Ciao.

2015 rMBP trackpad surface is not completely smooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.