Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Keyboard batt suddenly drains to 0%

Hello,

My Apple Wireless Keyboard was doing all right and the battery was draining real well (about 1% every 2 days), until suddenly,

I turned on my computer and the Wireless Keyboard's battery level was at 10%. I was very surprised, but thought it was a misreading.

I used the Keyboard for about 2 hours and the remaining 10% dried off. Any ideas why this is happening? Is it even possible for malware to do this?

OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 3:45 PM

No idea of why. This is a common situation with batteries and differs according to the make and even the time of production. Because you cannot be sure, it is advisable (and you may already be doing so) to use rechargeable batteries, for which you can always have a charged pair ready and waiting.

I see regular complaints that Macs and some apps do not accurately record the levels either. In my experience Energiser and Duracell are the best. Apple's batteries do not work as I expected them to and though they may be made by a top brand, they certainly don't perform like one.

I think you will have to live with this one, Miazrak. Incidentally, here is an Apple article on batteries.

https://www.apple.com/uk/batteries/maximizing-performance/

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 3:45 PM in response to Miazrak

No idea of why. This is a common situation with batteries and differs according to the make and even the time of production. Because you cannot be sure, it is advisable (and you may already be doing so) to use rechargeable batteries, for which you can always have a charged pair ready and waiting.

I see regular complaints that Macs and some apps do not accurately record the levels either. In my experience Energiser and Duracell are the best. Apple's batteries do not work as I expected them to and though they may be made by a top brand, they certainly don't perform like one.

I think you will have to live with this one, Miazrak. Incidentally, here is an Apple article on batteries.

https://www.apple.com/uk/batteries/maximizing-performance/

Apr 1, 2015 3:45 PM in response to Miazrak

not likely malware or h@xing or the likes as a cause

both want to spy on you or sell you something or get money somehow

unless they work for the battery industry sucking your keyboard batt dry would not be a productive move

when you press a key on your wireless keyboard a signal is send over bluetooth for the computer to know a key was pressed

now imagine a key getting stuck or just close to stuck so it activate every now and then

that would result in the keyboard sending the signal all the time even when the computer is turned off and that would result in a rather

limited battery time

Wireless Keyboard batt suddenly drains to 0%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.