Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data issue

Hi

I just updated my software and now my data is using my airtime and not my data bundle. Is there a setting I need to change?

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 3:22 AM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 1:36 PM in response to ceciliafromcape town

Hey There ceciliafromcape town,

If you have apps on your iPhone that you do not want using your cellular data, check the settings for Notifications and Cellular. Click on the article below for complete details.I've highlighted the key information for you.

Learn about cellular data settings and usage on your iPhone and iPad (Cellular Model) - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-ph/HT201299

View and adjust data usage

Some apps from the App Store use the Apple Push Notifications to alert you of new data. Apps that use push notifications (such as instant messaging or social media apps) will use cellular data. To turn off push notifications, go to Settings > Notifications.

To view the cellular data usage for your apps, tap Settings > Cellular. You can turn cellular data on or off for each app. Contact your carrier if you have questions about your cellular data usage.

Cheers,

- Judy

Data issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.