Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Running with ipod

I was told that running (or excessive, vigorous movement) with my iPod might cause damage to the internal disc, or something like that, so how could I prevent that from happening but still be able to run with it?

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2015 10:05 AM

If you are talking about an iPod Classic, you cannot.

It's quite simple, vigorous movement of an iPod Classic will stretch its ability to keep playing the music without skipping. The real problem is that those sudden movements may cause the read head to crash against the disk, which will damage the read head and make the iPod unusable.

iPods such as the Touch etc, which have flash storage (with no moving parts) would be more suitable for running with.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2015 10:05 AM in response to allons-y123

If you are talking about an iPod Classic, you cannot.

It's quite simple, vigorous movement of an iPod Classic will stretch its ability to keep playing the music without skipping. The real problem is that those sudden movements may cause the read head to crash against the disk, which will damage the read head and make the iPod unusable.

iPods such as the Touch etc, which have flash storage (with no moving parts) would be more suitable for running with.

Running with ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.