Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I maximise the battery lifespan on my 13" Macbook Pro Retina (late 2013)?

Hello everyone

I was once told by one of the Apple in-store technicians that the way to maximise my laptops battery life was to always let it drain completely, and then recharge it fully each time! But on scouting around the internet I am a bit worried that this is incorrect.... and I am actually doing it more harm then good.

I don't use my laptop for any highpowered graphics etc, it's more for microsoft office work/listening music/amateur photo editing so it tends to last a reasonable amount of time.

This my current battery info;

Charge Information:

Charge Remaining (mAh): 1572

Fully Charged: No

Charging: Yes

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 5880

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 310

Condition: Normal

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 3684

Voltage (mV): 11917

Please can you let me know if I am to continue what I am doing? or there is a better way to maxmimise the lifespan?

Thank you for your help!

Ali

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 3:30 AM

2 replies

Mar 31, 2015 3:32 AM in response to Autumn Ali

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Looking at the battery information, I think it is working properly. Anyway, I would not recommend you to drain the battery completely, but instead start charging it when it is in a low charge percentage. See -> http://www.apple.com/batteries

Your MacBook's battery is designed to have at least 80% of its charge after 1000 cycles.

How do I maximise the battery lifespan on my 13" Macbook Pro Retina (late 2013)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.