Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 battery drain

my iPhone 6 battery drains so fast and yet i have it optimized so that it can last longer. i left it over night and this morning saw it dropped 3 percent i dont get why it dose that. now we also own another 6 in the house and that one runs a lot better then mine dose. i dont get it its the same model as mine and she has brightness turned all the way up and has other settings that would affect battery. i had a senior advisor run a diagnostic test on that phone and he told me based on the comparison of mine to the other phone that mine was better and got longer stand by and usage time. that to me is confusing and makes me go nuts because she has it set for settings that would drain the battery faster yet it seems to run longer then mine. I've had these issues since the 5 came out. its like the same thing over and over again it never wants to get fixed at all. same issue every year.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 3:55 AM

1 reply

Mar 31, 2015 7:03 AM in response to Aviator98

Aviator98, try this and see if it helps. Try logging out of iCloud completely for a day or two and see if your battery life gets better. I had this issue and it helped tremendously. I think some people's phones, for some reason, are constantly hitting iCloud, even while asleep, and thus constantly using the battery. One pretty strong indication of this is if you look at the Usage and Standby times in the Battery Usage sections. If they are close in number of hours, then something is using the phone in the background constantly. Standby should, under most usage patterns, be far ahead of Usage. For example, my phone after about 6 hours of up time, showed 3 hours of Usage and 3 hours of Standby time. There was no way I was using the phone for 3 hours. Since logging out of iCloud, that 6 hours is now divided as 5 hours Standby and 1 hour of Usage.

To log out of iCloud, go to Settings > iCloud and at the bottom of the page tap on sign out of iCloud. Do that for a day or two to see how it goes.

Two things you should know (you may already) - 1. You will lose your iCloud backup at night, so if you back up to iCloud you may want to run it before you sign out. If you back up to iTunes on a computer, this will not be as much of an issue; 2. You will also lose Find My Phone. When you log out, it will ask you if you want to log out of Find My Phone. Say yes during your test. You can always log back in.

These thing worked for me. Instead of getting barely 7 hours of life from the phone with limited usage, I now get days of life with a lot heavier usage.

Anyway, hope these suggestions help if you try them.

iphone 6 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.