Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad air recently started turning itself off (reverting to the black screen with the apple sign) whilst using Safari. I loaded on another browser and the same thing happened. Any ideas?

my ipad air recently started turning itself off (reverting to the black screen with the apple sign) whilst using Safari. I loaded on another browser and the same thing happened. Any ideas?

iPad Air

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 4:26 AM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 1:43 PM in response to chris_oneill32

Hey there Chris,

As I understand the situation using any internet browser seems to make your iPad Air restart unexpectedly. I would start by quitting all the running apps first, incase something in the background is interfering:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.