Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't shut down my macbook pro because the trackpad and keyboard not working.. what should i do?

i can't shut down my mac book pro 13 inch because the track pad and keyboard not working at all.. what should i do? it really urgent

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), null

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 4:54 AM

18 replies

Apr 2, 2015 8:59 AM in response to Fir2308

I doubt that it is a mechanical problem with your keyboard and trackpad, but one way to find out is to keep a spare mouse around, so that you can try that if the system freezes again. If your system starts freezing regularly, it's time to start considering possibilities such as a failing hard drive. Is there an Apple Store anywhere near you? If this happens again, take it in for a checkup.

Apr 2, 2015 9:04 AM in response to Fir2308

You could try running the Apple Hardware Test (Using Apple Hardware Test - Apple Support) though it is more likely that it was a software issue. What were you doing when the keyboard/track pad stopped working? What was on the screen (spinning beachball, regular cursor...)? In a jam, you can always force your MacBook to shut down by pressing and holding the power button until it powers down, and then rebooting.

This may be a one-time glitch. If it happens more frequently than almost never, contact Apple Support (Apple store, if you are near one, or on-line) and get there assistance. If your MacBook is new, you are still under Apple Care, even if you didn't pay for the extended coverage.

i can't shut down my macbook pro because the trackpad and keyboard not working.. what should i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.