Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot find the "Show pop-up menu" to import songs via home sharing

The current instructions for the most current verison of itumes on 3/31/15 (12.1.1.4 for Windows 7, 64 bit machine) state, at step 3 for "Importing items from other libraries using home sharing"::

"Click the Show pop-up menu at bottom of the iTunes window and choose 'items not in my library'."

I cannot find the "Show pop-up menue at bottom of iTunes window" - can anyone help me in how to recognize and/or find it?

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 6:00 AM

4 replies

Apr 3, 2015 11:50 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Hi Winston,

Reaching the authorization limit was not issue.

I called apple support and learned that one has to sign into all the computers involved with home sharing with same apple id. One computer is my wife's, one is mine, so we were using different apple id's to sign into home sharing. I turned off homesharing on one computer and when I turned it back on, you are asked to sign in with your apple Id. I used the same apple id that signed into home sharing on the other computer, then it worked just fine.

I cannot find the "Show pop-up menu" to import songs via home sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.