Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Notes deleted a note by itself. Please, backup!

To all users of the Apple Notes app, please backup your notes more often until this issue is resolved.

I have been a user who notes on his electronic devices for some years now and know HOW frustrating it is for one to loose such data, especially if you use it for work or smt.significant. I have tried several ways, but chose the native Notes of Apple and used it for a few years now.

Today, a note suddenly disappeared after I made a quick edition to it from an iPhone6 iOS8.2. The chance that I have pressed Delete by chance is really slim - I've never done so for years.

Apple Support have been very helpful and within half an hour I had the latest backup of my notes restored from their servers (though, duplicating a note for every entry in the last 7days).

Would highly recommend a Trash for notes as there is for Photos and Mail.

I recently enabled Family Sharing (without sharing eachothers' notes), which may have a link.

Hope this info is helpful to inspire some investigations in the matter by Apple engineers and inform others in time to be cautious.

P.S. - A way you can backup (the best I know so far) is by copying the whole Notes folder on your computer and save it to another location,

on a Mac Air - Mavericks, it is here '~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes' (select the address without the quotes and left-click with mouse, then Services>Reveal in Finder).

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 6:12 AM

There are no replies.

Apple Notes deleted a note by itself. Please, backup!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.