Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending messages to non-iOS users

All of a sudden I am unable to send text messages to non-iOS issues. I have been able to do this for a while now, but now I cannot.

I had this issue once before and this forum helped me fix it. I returned to that question, but the solution does not work.

This is in conjunction with my iphone not have any cellular service (Verizon), but it is on wi-fi. My ipad has cellular service and all is good with that with the exception of not being able to text non-iOS users.

Any suggestions on how to fix this is greatly appreciated.

iOS 8.1.1, Ipad Air

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 6:24 AM

1 reply

Sending messages to non-iOS users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.