Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto wont close

HELP!!! My iPhoto won't close. It says its uploading images but its not. I can't restart my computer because iPhoto won't let me. Its been doing this for 4 days

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013), iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 8:34 AM

Close iPhoto from the -menu > Force Quit panel.

Select the iPhoto Library in the Finder. By default it is in your Pictures folder.

• Ctrl-click or right-click the iPhoto lIbrary. Select "show package contents" from the panel, that will pop up.
  • Look for a folder named "Importing" or "Import". Remove this folder, but don't touch anything else.

Then launch iPhoto again.

If iPhoto now is working again, check the folder you removed, if there are any photos that you want to keep and save them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2015 8:34 AM in response to susanbecker517

Close iPhoto from the -menu > Force Quit panel.

Select the iPhoto Library in the Finder. By default it is in your Pictures folder.

• Ctrl-click or right-click the iPhoto lIbrary. Select "show package contents" from the panel, that will pop up.
  • Look for a folder named "Importing" or "Import". Remove this folder, but don't touch anything else.

Then launch iPhoto again.

If iPhoto now is working again, check the folder you removed, if there are any photos that you want to keep and save them.

Iphoto wont close

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.