Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Airport Express how to use with my Yosemite mac computer?

old AirPort Utility 5.6.is not working with yosemite

i can't use anymore with my old apple airport express? i can;t configure ...

is there is

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 6:44 AM

3 replies

Mar 31, 2015 6:57 AM in response to Bird212

Yosemite, and other recent operating systems do not support the older AirPorts.

Listed in order of preference with the third option not recommended for most users, and the fourth option not recommended at all.

1) Use...or borrow for a few minutes....a Mac running Leopard (10.5.x), Snow Leopard (10.6.x) or a PC with AirPort Utility installed on the device.

2) Replace the 8+ year old AirPort Express with a new version

3) Use Boot Camp on your Mac to install Windows, then download and install AirPort Utility for Windows.

4) Download unsupported software from the Internet from an unknown source, which requires that you change default security settings on your Mac.

Jul 12, 2015 11:47 AM in response to Bob Timmons

My airport express is also not supported. Thanks, Apple. It works just fine, and it is only used to stream music to speakers, apparently I need to put a $100, working item in a landfill... because Apple wants another $100. If I ever replace it, it won't be an Airport.

Heck, it worked yesterday on Yosemite, and just decided to need a reboot, and now I cannot configure it.

Jul 13, 2015 1:29 PM in response to Bird212

Really, Apple?! I love you guys, but c'mon!

I have a bunch of Airport Expresses that I have various devices and stereos plugged into... are you going to replace these for me? This is borderline ridiculous - there's no reason why you can't support older hardware. Its been working fine.

I have heard of some back-downloading of older versions... apparently I need to download it so I can fill my house with tunes again.

Ugh.

Old Airport Express how to use with my Yosemite mac computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.