Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My desktop won't stop loading the 8,000 pictures I accidentally exported!

There are over 8,000 pictures, with some videos, that I accidentally exported to the desktop individually instead of into a folder! Now, I just want to trash them but I can't get to that point because Finder will not load. It says that the Application is Not Responding. Can someone please give me some directions? Is it possible to stop the loading of all of the pictures so I can just start deleting them?? I have a copy of the pictures on an external hard drive so I won't lose them. I just want to undo what I've done!

Thanks SO much!

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 6:31 AM

3 replies

Mar 31, 2015 9:40 AM in response to KerriAR30

If the Finder is bogged down by too many items on the Desktop, you may be able to free it up by hiding the preview icons. Click anywhere on the Desktop to select it, then press the key combination command-J, or select

View ▹ Show View Options

from the menu bar. In the dialog that opens, uncheck the box marked

Show icon preview

You may now be able to move the items off the Desktop. Otherwise, start up in safe mode and try again.

My desktop won't stop loading the 8,000 pictures I accidentally exported!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.