Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud items grayed out on MBP

Hi all-

Last night I had to change my password for iCloud as it was entered incorrectly too many times (think I was typing it wrong). I've successfully done that and able to login both online as well as iTunes store, etc.

However, today when I booted my MBP, I was first greeted with a bunch of keychain warnings. I was able to cancel out of all of those then enter the new iCloud password and those warnings are no longer popping up at boot.

My problem now is that, when I got to both "iCloud" and "Internet Accounts" in system preferences, everything is grayed out (the items I should be able to check). At the top of both of those screens there's a "enter password" button, which I hit. I then enter my new password. It accepts it, in both, yet the screen it takes me to...with Photos, Mail, Contacts, Calendars..." etc are all still grayed. I cannot adjust, tick any of the radio buttons, etc. Also, under my user icon on the left both "Account Details" and "Set Up Family" are also grayed, unavailable to click.

Can anyone help? There is an option to "sign out" which I'm tempted to do and try signing back in, but then, when looking into that option I've read that items in iCloud stored on the mac will be removed. I don't want to risk losing data from this mac. Or will it all just be brought back into the MBP from iCloud once I log back in? OS X Yosemite: If you sign out of iCloud

Is there anything else I should be doing? Or is the play here to Sign Out and sign back in? Thanks.

Cory

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 6:56 AM

7 replies

Mar 31, 2015 7:07 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks for the reply...I guess that's what I was wondering, if I should sign out here on the MBP? I've done some further reading and it appears that's fine, that the stored data won't be deleted, it will just repopulate when I log back in. I was able to sign back into my iPhone, iPad and Apple TV, but never signed out and signed back in on the MBP. I'm thinking that's what I need to do.

Mar 31, 2015 7:29 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Now I have another issue, potentially. When trying to sign out, I use my Apple ID to log into my computer. So now, before I can log out, it's telling me that I'll need to set up a new password and that I won't be able to use my Apple ID password to sign into this computer. This is quite annoying. If I do this step, re-log back into iCloud, will I then be able to revert back, setting my MBP login screen to my iCloud password? That's how I wanted it...it was seamless, allowing the same login online as I use when logging into this machine.

User uploaded file

Apr 30, 2015 9:04 PM in response to Cory Smith1

Cory, I have the same problem.

I know its not an iCloud problem, because I don't have the same problem of accessing my Account Details on my iPhone and iPad (and even iCloud.com). This must be a Yosemite problem.

Like you, Cory, I received many Keychain warnings, which I cancelled out of.

In an attempt to regain access to my Account Details, I clicked on "Enter Password", entered my password, hit return, and nothing happened.

Did you find a solution to this?

iCloud items grayed out on MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.