Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unlock a locked Macbook

My macbook was stolen and found recently. someone has tried to break into it by entering wrong passwords many times and its locked out. Though I enter the correct password it does not unlock . How to get this resolved? Thank you

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 7:36 AM

4 replies

Apr 2, 2015 9:55 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

I bought the macbook while I was living in the USA. and now live out of USA. However I have an iPad and iPhone all connected through i tunes. Is there any other way to log in as an administrator or reboot. All I see when I turn the mac on is the apple logo and two fields to enter the name and password. but though i enter the correct password it does not log in or doesn't even take me to a different screen to reset the password. What should I do?

Apr 2, 2015 4:53 PM in response to ninjam123

If you can tolerate losing your data, shut down your mac and then turn it as you immediately hod the command and R keys until a screen comes up saying "OS X recovery." From there you will go to disk utility and erase the hard drive. If you can't lose your data, try logging in as a guest user and then going to preferences>users and try to toggle with different things in there to try to get you into your own user account.

How to unlock a locked Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.