Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with ibooks publisher

Hi,

I have a problem with the ibooks publisher and i don't know what to do. I have submitted a book on iTunes Connect and i have received a ticket:

"13.17. Books must not contain placeholder text (such as “Lorem ipsum” text) or placeholder images. Do not include iBooks Author template art unless related to the subject matter of the book. "

I have read the book again and it doesn't have any "lorem ipsum text". The book doesn't have any images, so where are the "placeholder images"?

I did choose a simple template from iBooks Author, but aren't there to be used? I mean, i have to make my own template art? And if i do, how do i do that?

Please, if someone knows what i should do to make my book public, please tell me.

I have send them a message (replying to the ticket that I received), and they send me to the iBooks Publisher support. I haven't find my answer there, so I am asking you all.

Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 12:00 AM

andre3a wrote:

I have read the book again and it doesn't have any "lorem ipsum text". The book doesn't have any images, so where are the "placeholder images"?

Have you actually exported the book to .ibooks format and read this file with the iBooks app on your Mac or iPad? If not, try doing that to see if there is something present that you did not intend.

Otherwise try the contacts at the bottom of the FAQ:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/working-itunes/sell-content/books/book-faq.html

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2015 12:00 AM in response to andre3a

andre3a wrote:

Have you actually exported the book to .ibooks format and read this file with the iBooks app on your Mac or iPad? If not, try doing that to see if there is something present that you did not intend.

Otherwise try the contacts at the bottom of the FAQ:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/working-itunes/sell-content/books/book-faq.html

Problem with ibooks publisher

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.