Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad and iPhone devices fail to connect to Belkin Router N

Up until a couple of days ago my WI-FI has just gone stupid and decided it no longer wants to work how it should, all devices were working perfectly. I hope someone out there can help me. 🙂 My fingers are crossed. I think I've pretty much tried everything but am still hoping to give a few more ideas a go before I decide to just throw the bloody thing in the trash and purchase another.

Everything was working wonderfully and all of a sudden there were Wi-Fi drop outs on all devices in the house, iPads, Macbook, iPhones, Apple TV and even a PC. For some particular reason the Macbook decided it wants to connect again, 1 of the 3 iPad's decides to connect but sometimes disconnects. What tends to happen is the Wi-Fi connection never gets a TICK next to the network name but rather just a constant loading icon on the rest of the devices. Same problem with the iPhones.

I've also got cabled devices, but I noticed that the green light at the back of the router don't flash, not sure if they are meant to or not?

Again all devices were all working for over a year since I got the Belkin Router so please don't think it's to do with how many devices are using the wi-fi connection.

What I have already tried

- Restarting the Belkin Router
- Turning off the Belkin Router for and hour or so

- Restoring the router to factory settings

- Changes to the WPA and WPA2
- Changing channels so there is no conflicts with the neighbours WI-FI setups
- Turning off and on the iPad's and iPhone's
- I've reset all the network settings on the iPad's and iPhone's

- You will notice in the photo believe that one iPad is connected to Brownie Guest and the other cannot connect at all. I tired connecting both devices to 2.4 and they don't 😟 they use too though.

Outcome

- Some iPad's decide they want to connect, but the connection is very unreliable and sometimes just stops working- Like wise with the iPhone's

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 6:39 AM

2 replies

iPad and iPhone devices fail to connect to Belkin Router N

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.