Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

alphabet on right side of Iphone - how to get to desired letter? Touching desired letter gets you whatever is on the line of the letter; but, it doesnt take you to the letter you need in the alphabet.

On the right side of the IPhone in Contacts, there is an alphabet that you can touch and it should take you to the desired letter without having to scroll thru all your contacts to get to a desired section of the alphabet. However, when I touch, for example, the letter "S", all I get is whatever is on that line and not the alphabet starting with the letter "S". This happens to me and to others. What am I doing wrong?

IPhone

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 7:43 AM

Try touching almost on the edge of the screen. I find that if any part of your finger is touching the line that it will usually select the line rather than the letter.

5 replies

Mar 31, 2015 9:18 AM in response to Templeton Peck

Well. gee thanks for that helpful information. Unfortunately, as you already know, even if I told Apple, I would not get any response back and no help at all. I cannot be the only one with this issue, as I have tried other IPhone 6's and 6Plus', and this is an issue that definitely exists. I just wondered if someone out there had this issue resolved or at least a workaround. The link that you sent me was not helpful. Apple does not respond to any individual comments. I guess pushing this query off in a black hole is one way of not addressing it as well.

Mar 31, 2015 11:33 AM in response to GDryden

GDryden wrote:

, even if I told Apple, I would not get any response back and no help at all.

Correct. Apple states that while they read feedback, they do not respond

I cannot be the only one with this issue

You're not.

I just wondered if someone out there had this issue resolved or at least a workaround.

There is no workaround as Apple does not consider it an issue. It's been like this for years with iOS. Apparently not enough people have made a stink about it. Hence why I told you to submit feedback.

alphabet on right side of Iphone - how to get to desired letter? Touching desired letter gets you whatever is on the line of the letter; but, it doesnt take you to the letter you need in the alphabet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.