Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create a master track from my tracks in garage band?

How do I create a master track in garage band

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.2.x)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2015 6:00 AM

Hi Bing,

Are you asking about the master track which controls the global settings in a GarageBand project? Here is the information from the GarageBand user manual:

GarageBand Help: Work with the master track
http://help.apple.com/garageband/mac/10.0/#gbnd5e8076d0

Work with the master track

Each GarageBand project has a master track. When you show the master track, it appears below the last track in the Tracks area.

You can control the overall playback volume of a project using the Volume slider in the control bar or on the master track. Both sliders act as a master volume control for the overall project.

Generally speaking, you should adjust the output volume to a level high enough to eliminate background noise, but not high enough to cause clipping. You can check for clipping by watching the clipping indicators in the master level meter.

You can easily add a fade-out to the end of a project, so that the sound gradually fades to silence.

When you add a fade-out, four control points are added to the master track for the project. The first control point is added 10 seconds before the end of the last region in the project, the second at 7 seconds, the third at 4 seconds, and the fourth at the end of the last region.

Show the master track

Choose Track > Show Master Track.

The master track appears below the last track in the Tracks area.

Cheers,

- Judy

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2015 6:00 AM in response to Bing Browning

Hi Bing,

Are you asking about the master track which controls the global settings in a GarageBand project? Here is the information from the GarageBand user manual:

GarageBand Help: Work with the master track
http://help.apple.com/garageband/mac/10.0/#gbnd5e8076d0

Work with the master track

Each GarageBand project has a master track. When you show the master track, it appears below the last track in the Tracks area.

You can control the overall playback volume of a project using the Volume slider in the control bar or on the master track. Both sliders act as a master volume control for the overall project.

Generally speaking, you should adjust the output volume to a level high enough to eliminate background noise, but not high enough to cause clipping. You can check for clipping by watching the clipping indicators in the master level meter.

You can easily add a fade-out to the end of a project, so that the sound gradually fades to silence.

When you add a fade-out, four control points are added to the master track for the project. The first control point is added 10 seconds before the end of the last region in the project, the second at 7 seconds, the third at 4 seconds, and the fourth at the end of the last region.

Show the master track

Choose Track > Show Master Track.

The master track appears below the last track in the Tracks area.

Cheers,

- Judy

How do I create a master track from my tracks in garage band?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.