Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone connects to itunes, try to restore get error 21.

I tried fixing my cracked screen, I went into videos watched them, fixed my phone and it all went OK. I then tried turning it on and nothing happened, so I plugged it into my computer and the apple logo appeared. Then it went into a continuous boot loop, I held the power and home button and then it told me to connect to itunes and then I heard the noise that meant an apple device had been plugged in. I checked itunes and it told me it couldn't update so it needed to restore, I started the restore and it gets stuck at the last bit of extracting software and then the iphone disconnects and itunes has the error message (21). Can anybody help me into fixing my iphone?

P.S. It only turns on when it is plugged in and then it shows the apple logo then connect to itunes logo.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.2, Not Jailbroken

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 8:15 AM

1 reply

Mar 31, 2015 12:16 PM in response to BrandonHam22

Error 21 is pointing towards a hardware issue, here's what you can try:

Related errors: 1, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.

These errors mean that your device or computer might have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't blocking your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Make sure that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

copied from Resolve iOS update and restore errors

iphone connects to itunes, try to restore get error 21.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.