Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone imei check says product is replaced. plz help

i checked my iphone imei today, and irt said this is the imei of a replaced product. please help. and also it showed my sim for like 5 mins and then keeps saying searching like forever. help

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 8:32 AM

5 replies

Mar 31, 2015 8:38 AM in response to imaad97

That is a second had phone that was either replaced by Apple and not returned as it should have been, or was stolen from Apple inventory or while in transit.

It is not eligible for service from Apple either in or out of warranty.

If Restoring it using DFU mode and setting it up as a new phone doesn't fix it, try replacing the SIM. If that doesn't fix it either, recycle it responsibly and buy a new phone.

Apr 1, 2015 6:05 AM in response to imaad97

If you bought from eBay, start a complaint to get a refund. If you bought

directly from the seller, contact him. If you cannot contact the seller, give all

the information to the police so they can pursue a fraud case.

When the time comes to get a new iPhone, buy from Apple or an Apple

authorized reseller to prevent future problems.

Your situation is not caused by Apple nor is it Apple's responsibility to remedy.

Ask your parents for advice as to how you should proceed.

Jul 3, 2015 7:49 PM in response to imobl

complaining to the police will not help, as my country works in different ways. and also, buying an iphone here is rather difficult as there are no authorized sellers from whom i could purchase the phone. and even if i do complain to the police, they would take the phone away and i would lose all the money. so thats not an option

iphone imei check says product is replaced. plz help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.