Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move Caption to Title

I have used the Caption field to enter the Title of my images. I would like to correct this now so that when I send the images to my iPad catalog app they appear correctly.

I know I can do this manually but I have hundreds of photos and hope not to have to resort to this option. I looked at Automator and can extract the Caption, but see no way to write it back.

Can anyone tell me an automated way in which I could take the data from one Aperture field and write it to another? There are other fields I would like to rearrange as well.

I know Applescript exists but am not familiar with it.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 9:57 AM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 8:18 PM in response to CalChloe

The great macro program Keyboard Maestro can make easy work of this. It's what I use. I'm not sophisticated enough to set it to run "until finished", but there are work-arounds.

Any macro program should be able to do it. In essence, copy what you want, operate on it while it's on the clipboard, move the insertion point, and paste, and move the focus back to the first field. Repeat.

Post if you can't get it to work.

—Kirby.

Move Caption to Title

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.