Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get music from an iPod Touch to an iTunes library, even if some of the music wasn't purchased from the iTunes Store

• So I just got a new laptop,
  • I downloaded iTunes
  • I Authorized the computer and all that,
  • I transported my purchases from my account and all went well,
  • But I just want to know if it's possible to take the music from my iPod Touch 4 and put in on the laptops iTunes library?

I have a Windows laptop

The songs that I have on the iPod aren't from the iTunes Store and I've been looking for ways to try different things but nothing is working

I don't even care if the steps are complicated or if it will takes a couple days or if I have to download the songs one at a time, I just NEED to figure this out

iPod touch, iOS 6

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 8:30 AM

4 replies

Mar 31, 2015 11:44 AM in response to LandrevilleBrooke99

Move the new library out of the way, e.g. drag the iTunes folder from your Music folder onto the Desktop.

Copy the entire iTunes folder from the old hard drive into the user's Music folder on the new computer, (over a network, or via an external drive, or mouting the original disc in a drive bay).

Drag any of the new content you want to add into the old library into ..iTunes\iTunes Media\Automatically add to iTunes.

Backup.

tt2

How to get music from an iPod Touch to an iTunes library, even if some of the music wasn't purchased from the iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.