Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage cannot login, spinning forever

Recently I'm facing a problem on my macbook pro. My iMessage suddenly failed to log in. The wheel just kept on going for ever. However, if I don't log in, but click on log in later, I can open the chat window and all my old messages are there. If you I go to preference - account, I can see my account but if I click it, nothing came up. SO, there is no way to log out or do what ever.

What I did so far:

1) I followed tutorial found in this forum to clean up iMessage completely. It successfully cleaned up all my messages, but the account problem still exist, and i still get spinning wheel.

2) log out iCloud and the problem still exist.

3)clean up anything related to messages in key train. didn't help anything, account still there.

I'm sure my account is still usable, as i tried on my friend's macbook.

The attachment is a screenshot of the problem.

Sorry for my poor English.User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 11:17 AM

3 replies

Apr 1, 2015 12:29 PM in response to c726233

Hi,

The issue seems to be that the app is not installed properly.

If you have not added an AIM, Jabber or Yahoo accounts it should have two options - iMessages and Bonjour.

Also it should also show an icon for the Video and Audio options.

In this Picture I have so many accounts that the Bonjour one is out of sight in the list.

User uploaded file

The iMessages and Bonjour accounts cannot be deleted they can only be turned Off in the case of the Bonjour one or Signed Out or Disabled in the iMessages one.

If you did something like turning a font off then re-enable it.

At the end of the day you may have to Reinstall the OS.

User uploaded file

8:29 pm Wednesday; April 1, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

iMessage cannot login, spinning forever

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.