Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my "portrait orientation" pictures in iPhoto are deformed

Hi all.

After using Family sharing through My Streams to all my pictures in iPhoto, all portrait oriented pictures became deformed in iPhoto. (all were changed to landscape). It is possible to repair it one by one through EDIT function using ROTATE, but I have over 4000 pictures, so I would like to find:

1. Why this happened

2. How to fix it quickly - all picture once

Thank you for your advices.

A.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 12:58 PM

One possible quick fix (but till lose all edited versions) is to select all of the photos and use the Photos ➙ Revert to Original menu option.

If that fails and you find that rotation the files works put them all in an album, select all (Command+A), Control (right) - click on one of them and click on the Rotate button in the menu that comes up:

User uploaded file

That will rotate all selected. However, I might try smaller batches at a time rather than all 4000 at once.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2015 12:58 PM in response to Andyblava

One possible quick fix (but till lose all edited versions) is to select all of the photos and use the Photos ➙ Revert to Original menu option.

If that fails and you find that rotation the files works put them all in an album, select all (Command+A), Control (right) - click on one of them and click on the Rotate button in the menu that comes up:

User uploaded file

That will rotate all selected. However, I might try smaller batches at a time rather than all 4000 at once.

User uploaded file

Mar 31, 2015 1:21 PM in response to Andyblava

Here's a couple of fix procedures you can try:

Method #1:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete the contents the following folder: User/Library/Containers/com.apple.iPhoto

User uploaded file

3 - reboot, launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: For Mavericks and Yosemite, go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring the this window:

User uploaded file

where you can check the Show Library Folder checkbox.

Method #2:

Do the following:

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down to open the First Aid window. Be sure to follow the circled recommendation in the screenshot.

User uploaded file

2 - run Option #4, Rebuild Database.

User uploaded file

All my "portrait orientation" pictures in iPhoto are deformed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.