Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get in my ipod5

I bought this ipod 5 from a friend who had it given to him from another friend who I will refer to as Sam. Sam thought it would be funny to give the guy I bought it from (Joe) an unusable ipod by assigning it to his apple id and wiping all the info from it first, So when (Joe) sold it to me he did not tell me it wasn't in his name, so after (Joe) got scammed for 50$ he then scammed me for 100$ and I can't find who the (sam) guy is that bought it from amazon first. Is there any way I can send it in or something (missing the box and everything but the ipod itself) or take it to a best-buy or somewhere and have them reset it, otherwise I'm out 100$ and have to just throw away the ipod. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

And I'm trying to avoid all third party exes. and programs to avoid bricking it.

I can only go to

Set wifi
Login to your apple account then all it says is

Login J*****@gmail.com

Passowrd:

And I cannot get past that because I don't know the email aside from the first letter and that its a gmail

iPod touch, iOS 8, no clue for the ios, but i think 8

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 10:31 AM

3 replies

May 31, 2015 2:24 AM in response to Steezt Tungsten

You are running into the Activation Lock

Find My iPhone Activation Lock

If you can't enter the requested ID and password and can't get the previous owner to remove the device from their account

Find My iPhone Activation Lock: Removing a device from a previous owner’s account

there is nothing you or Apple can/will do. The iPod is worthless to you except as a poor flashlight. If yo cant return it fro a refund then turn it in to the police since the iPod was likely lost or stolen

Just how did you "Verified it wasn't stolen at least. 😀 Just an ******* seller."

<Edited by Host>

I can't get in my ipod5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.