Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto books in iPhoto - The new Photos program only has square photo books. Will I be able to edit/order books with iPhoto after I upgrade to Photos?

I have many photo books created in iPhoto. These are rectangular shaped. The new Photos program only has square shaped books. After I upgrade to Photos, will I still be able to order books using iPhoto? Or, will Photos allow me to edit books in their original rectangle shape, and order them?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 9:43 AM

2 replies

Mar 31, 2015 10:23 AM in response to margolo08

The new Photos.app will have the classic rectangular sizes as well.

See the Preview.

Apple - OS X - Photos Preview

It only mentions the new square format, but the classic layouts are there as well, as the picture shows.

But you may not be able to migrate the old book projects. Finish any current book project while still using iPhoto '11 and create new projects in Photos.

User uploaded file

Apple - OS X - Photos Preview

iPhoto books in iPhoto - The new Photos program only has square photo books. Will I be able to edit/order books with iPhoto after I upgrade to Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.